Our house is being shaped by a lot of people. This happens in the form of so-called working groups (WGs). There is WGs for admin things, which concern the house, there are WGs which entertain certain rooms and there are project WGs.
On this page you can find a list of the WGs that already exist. In addition, there are also WGs which are formed for organizing a party or other projects and close again. If you are interested in a WG, just write us an email and we’ll connect you! But perhaps you might also have a new idea?
We’re still working on uploading the full descriptions for all WGs…
- Money and Jabber:The WG Money and Jabber takes care of the finances of the strike house and the communicates to the public – from the website to fundraising and media work to account management and budget issues. There is a lot to do – the more we are, the merrier! If you want to join us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the house office on a Friday between 15.00 and 19.00.
- Inventory:We handle the furnishing and equipment of the feminist community center, so that it is ready for all sorts of feminist action as soon as possible!
- Internal communication:We try to make the communication within our collective as clearly arranged and transparent as possible. We organize where our data is stored, on which channels we communicate, how we respectfully shape our communication and how we can stay accessible to all interested parties as a house collective.
- Cleaning and maintenance:We organize what is very necessary and very unpopular: the cleaning. We try to ensure that everyone can contribute to the tidiness of the house with a small contribution. We also make sure that potential malfunctions are fixed, that the fire extinguishers are operational and that the cleaning supplies are always stocked. If you have a brilliant idea for the cleaning plan, a high sense of responsibility for tasks that have to be done, or if you know your way around heating systems and pipes and mend things well, you’ve come to the right place!
- Room coordination: The Room Coordination WG handles the room booking tool, answers room enquiries and acts as an intermediary between the house collective and external groups for external enquiries.
- Admin: Admin WG deals with legal and organisational documents such as house rules, rental agreements, etc.
- Accessibility: We try to make the feminist strike house as accessible as possible. Because the strike house should be open to all feminists. Unfortunately, this is not at all easy with our house, because it has many «barriers». As a first project we try to install an elevating platform to make the first floor accessible to wheelchair users. But there is a lot more to do – e.g. for people who hear or see little or not at all. We are very happy about support in our working group! email@example.com
- Awareness: firstname.lastname@example.org